Thursday, July 3, 2008

Another croissant

Adrian asked me to make doughnuts for him, but then I saw some pastry butter left in the cabinet. I think it's better to make some croissants for our breakfast. The dough was done, then I left the dough to rest in the fridge. In the mean time, I cooked something for Abang. He prefers to have breakfast with RICE instead of anything else. Unlike me and Adrian, we like bread and friends for breakfast :P.

After I finished cooking for Abang, I turned on the oven, then took out the dough from the fridge and started to shape them. Of course Adrian didn't want to be left out, he immediately climbed up the table and started rolling the dough too. Even it's very annoying, I guess I had to be patient and let him do this. I gave him a few balls of dough to play so he wouldn't "destroy" anything I already made.

It was 7:20. I thought the croissant will be ready in about 15-20 minutes. Enough time for me to take a bath, get ready and just grab a few pieces of them to the office. Just imagining eating the pastry with a cup of coffee was enough to water my mouth kekeke..

I took a bath, get ready and comb my hair. I checked the oven. Uh oh.. the pastry wasn't even cooked well. I touched the oven door, it wasn't hot enough to bake anything. I opened the door and checked the fire. It was out of gas... huuu huuuu huuuu... It was already 7:40 and I was too late for work!

So I just left without my dream breakfast :(.. fortunately, I still have half the dough in the fridge. I'll bake some again tomorrow morning ;)

No comments: