Thursday, July 3, 2008

What a day

It's been a tiring day today. My dad was getting a surgery. Before going to the hospital, I called them first just to confirm a few things such as when the doctor would come to the hospital and the most important thing is: do they accept credit cards? It turned out that they don't accept credit cards... Gosh, isn't it the age of technology and they still don't use credit cards there? :P

Anyway.. The nurse told me that the doctor would come around 10 - 2 o'clock. So I stayed in the office and planned to leave around 10 to fetch my dad and went straight to the hospital. But at 9.30 my dad kept calling me, so I left.

We arrived in the hospital at 12 o'clock. It's a government's Air Force hospital. Like any other government hospitals, you can imagine how chaos it was.. most of the patients were old. I guess they're like my dad, he used to be a government employee and he has a special insurance.

When we were doing the administrations, they asked us the authentic insurance card (which we didn't have). My father was once hospitalized in Sentosa International Bandung Hospital and he could use the copy of the card. Now they want the card? Phwwww.... They said that we had to get a new card, but first we have to get a police statement that we lost the card.

I called the insurance's company. 4 different numbers and they didn't pick it up. I checked the clock, it was 12.15.. Maybe they're having lunch. When I dialed the 5th number, a woman picked the phone.

"Hello.. Bandung"

"Hello, ma'amm.. My dad's going to be hospitalized but he lost his card. Can we make a new one"

"Sure.. here's what you need to bring: blablabla"

"Wait.. what if I already have the copy of the card? should I blablabla"

"Don't interrupt. Just write down the list okay! It's lunch time here"

Gulp! She's very friendly.. ck ck ck.

I hang up the phone, read the list on my hand and stoned. Okay, I thought there's a lot of things to do before my dad is hospitalized. I dropped my parents home and I was going back to office.

No comments: