Thursday, May 24, 2007

Weaning

Adrian's very addicted to breastfeeding. I don't know how to wean him.. It's been a dilemma. I can't see him crying for breastmilk, but I can't let my unborn baby's not getting enough nutrition either. What should I do?

I'm not afraid of Adrian's not getting enough nutrition if I stop breastfeeding him. I'm concerned more about his emotional. I don't want him to think I don't love him anymore, I don't want him to feel neglected. :(

Like last night, I postponed the breastfeeding everytime he asked for it. I always distracted him and offered him milk instead. It worked. He finally went to sleep on his own. But at night he woke up and searched for me. I refused to give him, and he cried. It was a very very very sad cry :(. It was like I have broken his heart to a thousand pieces and it made me even more sad. I love him, very much indeed..

I took him out for a ride. He stopped crying then. Inside the car I hold him in my arms and he just stayed put. He didn't cry anymore..

+ : "Adrian ga boleh nenen lagi ya..." (Adrian, you can't ask for breastmilk anymore, okay?)
- : "Iyah..." (Yes.. *still sobbing*)
+ : "Kan sekarang ada dedek.. kesian dedeknya nanti ga kebagian makanan" (Your little brother also needs food honey)
- : "Iyah.." (Yes..)

He answered all as if he really understood what we were saying.. He was still sobbing in my arms when he finally fell asleep. After a few minutes driving around the blocks we went back home.

Oh God.... I just don't have a heart to wean my child. Can it be more difficult than this? :(

No comments: